Molnlycke Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Foam Dressing is designed for low-exuding acute and chronic wounds. It creates an optimal wound healing environment for faster recovery. Dressings with Safetac reduce patient pain and wound or skin damage on dressing changes.
Why choose Molnlycke Mepilex Border Lite Dressing?
- All-in-one foam dressing
- Atraumatic self-adherent island dressing
- Utilizes Safetac soft silicone technology
- Thin and conformable
- No secondary fixation required
Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Foam Dressing Features
- Mepilex Bordered Foam Dressing is conformable enough to dress wounds on hands, fingers, feet and toes
- Showerproof film provides a barrier against bacteria and virus greater than 25nm
- Thin and discrete design lets the user live a normal life
- Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
- Seals around the wound margins to reduce the risk of maceration
- Repositions without losing its adherent properties
- Leaves no residue in the wound or on the surrounding skin and produces less odor
- Does not stick to the wound bed but adheres very gently to the skin surrounding wound
- Mepilex Bordered Foam Dressing ideal for those locations which need a thin self-adherent dressing
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Sterilized by ethylene oxide
- Comes individually wrapped in paper or plastic laminated peel pouches
Benefits of Mepilex Border Lite Dressing
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- No secondary fixation required
- Mepilex Bordered Foam Dressing ideal for use under compression bandages
- Enhances patient comfort and is very comfortable to wear
- Can be easily lifted and repositioned
- Viral/bacterial/waterproof to protect patient and clinician
- Can remain in place for up to 7 days
- Minimizes the risk of maceration
Mepilex Border Lite Foam Dressing Construction
Safetac Wound-Contact Layer:
- Self-adherent soft silicone layer
- Does not adhere to the moist wound bed
- Adheres gently to the surrounding skin
- Minimizes trauma and pain on removal
Two-Layer Absorbent Pad:
- Absorbs exudate
- Contains two components, a thin polyurethane foam sheet and a piece of non-woven fabric behind it
- Multi-layered structure prevents leakage and optimizes fluid handling
- Held in place by silicone adhesive layer that reaches up to the outer margins of the dressing
- Located in the center on a larger piece of polyurethane film
- Maintains integrity
- Conforms to body contours
Outer film backing with dynamic permeability:
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Bacteria-proof, viral proof and waterproof
Mepilex Safetac Technology:
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. Dressings using Safetac technology are atraumatic both during wear and on removal. These dressings minimize trauma to the wound and the surrounding skin. Safetac technology also helps prevent maceration by sealing around the margin of the wound to protect the peri-wound skin.
- When to use Mepilex Border Lite Foam Dressing?
- Pressure Ulcers, leg and foot ulcers
- Acute traumatic or postoperative wounds e.g. skin tears, abrasions, cuts, finger injuries, blisters and secondary healing wounds
- Wounds in areas, such as the feet, toes, hands, fingers
- Radiation skin reactions
- Partial Thickness burns
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- To maintain a moist wound environment – giving the wound optimal conditions to heal
- Used for protection of the compromised or fragile skin
- Ideal for use in conjunction with hydrogels and under compression bandaging
- Suitable for pediatric applications
How to use Molnlycke Mepilex Border Lite Dressing?
- Gently cleanse the wound
- Thoroughly dry the surrounding skin as the dressing will not stick to a moist surface
- Choose a dressing size that will allow the dressing to overlap the wound area by 1 to 2 cm
- Cut Mepilex Foam Dressing to the desired size if required
- Remove the release film from one side and apply dressing to the side of the wound. Remember not to stretch the dressing.
- Remove the remaining portion of release film and smooth the dressing in place. If there is a need for extra fixation, apply it only around the margins of the dressing. For best results, the size of the wound pad should overlap the wound.
Mepilex Border Lite Dressing Change Frequency
- Dressing change interval is determined by the amount of wound exudate.
- Mepilex Border Lite Self Adherent Foam Dressing can stay in place for up to seven days. This depends on the wound condition and amount of exudate.
Precautions to take while using Mepilex Border Dressing
- Molnlycke Mepilex Dressing should not be used with oxidizing agents
- Should be stored in dry conditions below 35 degrees C (95 degrees F)
- It should be protected from direct sunlight
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a healthcare professional for adequate infection treatment
- Do not use if inner package is damaged as sterility is assured only if inner package is intact
- Do not re-sterilize
- Can be used in the presence of clinical infection if appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided
- There may be an apparent increase in wound size during the first days of treatment due to the moist healing environment
- Increase in size at first is normal and to be expected
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.