Molnlycke Mepilex Border Self-adherent Foam dressing is a multi-purpose five-layer all-in-one bordered foam dressing that is intended to be used on a variety of wounds. The design incorporates a Safetac interface that seals the wound edges, preventing exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin and reducing the risk of maceration. The Safetac interface also reduces the risk of damaging the wound or surrounding skin, as well as exposing the patient to additional pain during dressing changes. Because of its unique material construction, Mepilex Border can handle more exudate than other silicone foam dressings.
Why choose Molnlycke Mepilex Border Self-Adherent Foam Dressing?
- Soft and conformable dressing
- Mepilex dressing is ideal for moderate to highly exuding wounds
- Provides optimal exudate management
- Safetac layer allows for pain-free removal
- No secondary fixation is required
Mepilex Border Foam Dressing Features
- Excellent fluid handling capacity and dynamic permeability
- Gently adheres to the surrounding skin but not to the moist wound tissue
- Reduces pain and trauma to the wound and the peri-wound area
- Multi-layered foam pad allows for optimal moisture balance and fluid uptake
- Excellent retention capacity provides effective exudate management with minimum risk of maceration
- Soft edges of the Mepilex dressing help protect sensitive skin
- Bacteria-proof, viral proof and waterproof film protects the patient and the clinician
- Variety of Mepilex Border Dressing sizes easily covers small to large wounds, including those located in the challenging areas of the body
- Can stay in place for up to 7 days depending on the exudate level and wound condition
- Conforms easily to different body contours
- Used in the prophylactic regimen to help prevent skin damage like pressure ulcers
- Works on 4 extrinsic factors that result in the development of pressure ulcers:
- redistribute pressure
- reduce friction
- redistribute shear
- maintain an optimal microclimate
- Absorbs more wound fluid for maximum security and protection
- Repositions easily after skin assessment
- Sterilized by ethylene oxide
- Comes individually packed in paper/plastic laminated peel pouches
- Minimize pain when removed
- Create a faster wound healing environment compared to traditional dry-type gauze
- Reduce risk of skin damage
How does Mepilex Border Self-Adherent Dressing work?
- Backing Film - Viral proof, bacteria proof and shower-proof film. High breathability and permeability allow for effective vapor transmission.
- Retention Layer - Retains moisture and keeps it away from the skin to reduce the risk of maceration.
- Spreading Layer - Distributes the exudate evenly into the retention layer.
- Absorption Layer - Absorbent foam pad provides quick and effective absorption. Provides enhanced moisture control.
- Safetac Wound Contact Layer - Located nearest to the skin. Helps reduce pain to patients during dressing changes. Does not stick to the moist wound bed, but only to the surrounding dry skin. Seals the wound margins and reduces the risk of maceration.
When to use Mepilex Border Dressing?
- For chronic wounds like pressure ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- For optimal management of exudate with excellent fluid handling capacity and excellent retention capability
- To prevent the development of pressure ulcers when used in combination with standard pressure ulcer prevention protocols
- As a primary dressing on shallow wounds or as a secondary dressing on deeper wounds
- To maintain a moist wound healing environment that absorbs and retains exudate
- For dry or necrotic wounds in addition to gels
- For wounds with moderate to heavy exudate
- Under compression bandaging
- Traumatic wounds like skin tears
- Peri-wound skin
- Painful wounds
- Surgical woun
How to use Mepilex Border Dressing?
- Gently cleanse the wound, dry surrounding skin
- Mepilex dressing size should overlap the wound area by at least 2 cm
- Remove the release film
- Apply dressing with the adherent side to the wound
- Do not stretch
- When used on an extremity, position Mepilex Border bandages slightly below the center of the wound to avoid leakage caused by gravitation
- If needed, fix Molnlycke Mepilex Border dressing with Mepitac tape, secondary fixation product like Tubifast or compression bandage
- Apply extra fixation only around the margins of the dressing
Precautions to take while using Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressing
- Consult a health care professional for adequate treatment in case of clinical infection
- Do not use Mepilex Border with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide
- Store the dressing in dry conditions below 35 degrees C
- Protect the dressing from direct sunlight
- Mepilex Bordered Foam Dressing can be used on clinical infection if appropriate antimicrobial therapy is used
- Initially, sloughy wounds may appear to increase in size due to moist conditions produced beneath the dressing
- It is normal to expect an increase in size at first
Mepilex Self-Adherent Dressing Change Frequency
- Interval between changes will be determined by the amount of exudate produced by the wound
- Mepilex dressing may be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the wound condition
Mepilex Safetac Technology
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. Mepilex Border Safetac technology cause minimal tissue injury during wear and upon removal. It minimizes wound and surrounding skin trauma, which reduces patient pain. Safetac layer seals the wound edges and prevents the exudate from leaking out. This minimizes the risk for maceration.
Faster Healing: Mepilex Border with Safetac technology creates a faster wound healing environment. Traditional adhesives may strip the skin, tear the wound and leak drainage back onto the skin. All these things delay wound healing. Safetac layer does not stick to the wound and does not strip the skin. Mepilex Border with Safetac technology absorbs drainage better than other dressings. Along with longer wear time, it provides an optimal moisture and temperature. It results in undisturbed wound healing.
Less Pain, Less Stress: Pain from dressing changes is often a result of adhesives damaging the wound and skin. Pain causes stress, and stress delays healing. Molnlycke Mepilex Border foam dressing is designed to be less painful during dressing changes.
Comfortable: It is soft, comfortable and easy to use on difficult to dress wounds. Soft silicone Safetac layer does not stick to wound on removal, giving less pain to the patient.
Less Trauma: No skin stripping and wound bed adherence. Mepilex Dressing does not damage the newly formed granulation tissue.
Unique Sealing Action: Safetac soft silicone adhesive seals the wound margins, protecting against exudate leakage and maceration. Seals completely and instantly, easy to apply and re-apply if needed. Supports optimal moist wound healing conditions.
Molnlycke Mepilex Border Self-Adherent Foam Dressing FAQs
1. Are Mepilex border dressings waterproof?Yes, Mepilex border dressings is waterproof, viral, and bacterial proof with a multilayered wound pad construction to promote optimal moisture balance and fluid uptake.
2. Is Mepilex border breathable?Mepilex Border Self-Adherent Foam Dressing is breathable, yet showerproof backing film enables longer wear time and protects the wound by stopping bacteria and viruses.
3. Can you shower with Mepilex border?The user may shower with your Mepilex Border Self-Adherent Foam Dressing. However, before getting into the shower, the user will need to ensure the edges around the dressing are secure by smoothing down the edges of the sauce.
4. Can you put Mepilex on an open wound?You can use Mepilex Ag to manage low to moderately exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and partial thickness burns. And can be used under compression bandaging.
5. What type of dressing is Mepilex border?Mepilex Border is a self-adherent, soft silicone foam dressing that minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes. It helps in wounds like pressure injuries, leg and foot ulcers, skin tears, and surgical wounds.
6. What is Mepilex dressing made of?Molnlycke Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressing is an absorbent, atraumatic dressing made from polyurethane foam. The outer surface is bonded to a vapor-permeable polyurethane membrane, a barrier to liquid and microorganisms.
7. Is Mepilex medicated?Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag is proven to minimize pain and skin damage at dressing changes. This medicated wound dressing is used where antimicrobial properties are indicated.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.