Topical silicone empirically has been shown to have a positive impact on hypertrophic and keloid scars. Mepiform® should optimally be worn 24 hours a day. It is recommended that Mepiform is removed once a day (e.g., when showering or bathing) for inspection and washing of the skin. For prophylactic treatment, Mepiform should be used for 2–6 months depending on the condition of the scar.
- Conforms well to body contours
- No extra fixation is needed
- May be cut to size
- Thin, flexible and discreet
- May be worn in daily activities
- May be re-applied
- May be used for several days
Mepiform should optimally be worn for 24 hours a day. Remove the dressing once per day for inspection and washing of the skin. The dressing can then be reapplied. Mepiform should under normal conditions be changed every 3 - 7 days or when the adherent properties of the dressing are no longer sufficient.
Areas of use
- Old and new hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Closed wounds which may prevent the formation of hypertrophic and keloid scars
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.