Description & Features
SenSura® Mio Convex has a curved shape that fits securely to uneven skin areas, deep-seated areas and stomas that need support or help to protrude. Combined with the elastic adhesive, it provides a more secure fit* to the individual body shape. It stays discreet due to the filter and bag design.
- Adaptive convex with integrated flexlines for a unique combination of stability and flexibility
- Elastic adhesive for a secure fit to individual body shapes
- Neutral grey textile for optimal discretion and an honest look
- Full-circle filter for proven reduction of ballooning
With SenSura Mio Convex 1-piece closed, the adaptive convex is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole appliance is removed and replaced. SenSura Mio Convex 1-piece closed is available in a broad range of convex baseplates: Soft, Light and Deep, so there is convex for every need.
The Soft convex is for stomas with openings above skin level that need support due to challenges in the area around the stoma.
The Light convex is for stomas with openings in level with the skin that need gentle help to protrude, or for slightly deep-seated areas where a light curve is needed to get a good grip.
The Deep convex is for stomas with openings below skin level that need a lot of help to protrude, or for deep-seated areas where a deep curve is needed to get a good grip.
In addition, SenSura Mio Convex comes in various pre-cuts or hole sizes which can be customized, with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or with inspection window.
No two bodies are the same. People have individual bodies that come in different sizes and shapes – and the shapes change both over the course of the day and when we move around. That’s why it’s a challenge to find an appliance that fits.
- SenSura Mio Convex has an adaptive convex shell and an elastic adhesive that provide a more secure fit* to uneven skin areas, deep-seated areas and stomas that need support or help to protrude.
- The adaptive convex with integrated flexlines provides a unique combination of stability and flexibility, so you will experience a new level of comfort without any compromise on security.
- The elastic adhesive ensures that the product can stretch and retract back. Skin has a natural elasticity that helps it bend and stretch when the body moves. Like skin, SenSura Mio Convex is elastic, so it simply bends and stretches with your skin when your body moves.
The new SenSura Mio Convex looks different than any other ostomy pouch, as it is designed to optimize discretion and provide an honest look.
- Unlike other ostomy products, SenSura Mio Convex is made of a material that we otherwise wear on the body, i.e. textile material. It is soft and comfortable against the skin, it provides low friction against clothes and it does not feel wet after taking a shower. In addition, the textile material makes the ostomy pouch look more like a piece of clothing than a medical device
- The colour of SenSura Mio Convex is chosen among hundreds of colours to find exactly the colour that optimizes discretion under all clothing colours – even white.
- SenSura Mio Convex does not try to imitate the body. It is an honest product, a personal accessory that optimizes discretion so you can feel confident.
Have you ever had problems with you ostomy pouch ballooning? The full-circle filter has a unique pre-filter that is designed to reduce this problem.
- The job of the pre-filter is to protect the carbon and membrane, as those two parts are very vulnerable to faeces. Therefore, the full-circle filter clogs less frequently, so the airflow through the filter lasts longer and you experience reduced ballooning.
- Actually, the full-circle filter has proven to reduce ballooning with up to 61%. The full-circle filter will improve discretion and help you sleep better at night.