Description & Features
With Assura® 1-piece urostomy, the adhesive is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole system is removed and replaced.
Assura® 1-piece urostomy systems are available with flat or convex baseplates. The broad assortment consists of various pre-cut or hole sizes that can be customized, with two pouch sizes available in transparent or white.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
With Assura® 1-piece urostomy system, the spiral adhesive has been specially adapted for the needs of people with a urostomy:
- Erosion-resistant ring within the adhesive minimizes adhesive erosion and gives the skin additional protection from the corrosive effects of urine.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 1-piece urostomy system has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Non-return valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
- Tuck-away outlet - easy to use and can be tucked away when not in use. This prevents it from rubbing on your leg, offering more comfort and discretion.
- Multichambers - the pouch has been divided into chambers that spread the urine evenly within the pouch. This allows it to have a flat and discreet profile and reduces splashing sounds.
Convexity for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 1-piece urostomy is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.
Ask your enterostomal therapy nurse for more information about convexity.